Academy Governance Committee (AGC)
We have an Academy Governance Committee (AGC) that has some delegated responsibilities from the Trust Board of Directors as outlined in the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation. They engage with our local community. They do not hold the academy to account but carry out the following role:
Vision and Values
- Agree the vision and values for the academy with reference to the SIAMS Schedule, in partnership with the academy community, ensuring they are aligned with the Trust’s Vision and embracing equality.
- Monitor that the vision and the values are being ‘lived out’ in all aspects of the life of the academy.
For details of Trust governance click here: https://www.pdet.org.uk/governance/pdet-governance-structure
For the Trust’s Scheme of Delegation and for specific details of the AGC’s role click here https://www.pdet.org.uk/governance/pdet-academy-governance-committees
For the Trust’s memorandum and articles of association, annual accounts, annual report and funding agreement click here: https://www.pdet.org.uk/key-documents/financial-documents
Our local governors form our Academy Governance Committee which meets six times per year, once at the beginning of the academic year and one meeting per term, to discuss and plan strategically how to drive school improvement. The governing body consists of community, church, parent and staff governors with elected Chair of Governors and Vice Chair of Governors.
Chair of Governors
(Community & Safeguarding Governor)
Staverton CE Primary School, Glebe Lane, Staverton. NN11 6JF.
Vice-Chair of Governors
Parents are welcome to contact the Governing body, via the School Office, at any time if they have an issue they would like to discuss or raise for Governors’ consideration.
Our Governor Code of Conduct and further information regarding our governors can be found below and in the sidebar of the page.
(1) All Governors’ terms of office, with the exception of the Headteacher, are four years.
(2) “Meetings attended” relate to those that took place during the 2021-2022 academic year.
(3) Where a “Y” appears in either of the final two columns, details of the relevant interest and/or governance in other institutions can be found in the Register of Governors interests on the side bar.
PDET Governance Structure
The school operates as part of the Peterborough Diocese Education Trust (PDET) Governance arrangements. This structure can be found here.
PDET Key Governance Documents
The academy memorandum and articles of association, annual accounts, annual report and funding agreement as well as other important documents are located on the PDET website. Staverton CE Primary School operates under PDET Scheme of Delegation A.